|KEY CORPORATE FEATURES|
|Approximate time to incorporate||1 day|
|Minimum number of Directors||1|
|Local Director required||No|
|Local Secretary required||No|
|Disclosure of Beneficial Owner requirement||No|
|Accounts Filing Requirement||No|
Belize is an independent and democratic country in Central America and one of the most popular places for offshore company formation due to its relaxed regulations and status as a tax haven and it has registered well over 10,000 International Business Companies (IBC) in the last few years.
For a quotation to incorporate in Belize or for more information about Belize offshore company formation please click here
Belize’s status as a tax haven is not overestimated; there is no taxation at all for an International Businesses Companies (IBC) making Belize an attractive option for many.
This provides opportunities for small and start-up businesses and provides a stable, cheap environment for your offshore company.
There is also no need to submit annual accounts and no need to publicly disclose information regarding your shareholders or directors of your Offshore Company in Belize.
English is the official language of Belize, although Spanish is also widely used. Most of the population speak English fluently and the majority of the rest speak some. Bilinguism is highly encouraged, so Belize teaches English as well as Spanish in schools.
Because of this, you should find little problems with language barriers in your Belize offshore company.
Belize is the only nation in central America that is a democratic commonwealth, it has a population of around 300,000 people and has a stable and growing economy.
Utilities such as electricity and water are fairly good and reasonably stable, although they can be expensive.
Roads are good although some, even major ones, close during the rainy season due to flooding and associated damage.
Rules and Requirements
Regulatory requirements in Belize are fairly lax compared to most other countries for offshore company formation.
- Your company must have an office registered in Belize and a Belize agent registered in Belize.
- You must have at least one director, who does not have to be resident in Belize, and whose information does not need to be publicly divulged.
- There are no requirements for director meetings to take place and corporate directors are not allowed.
- There is no minimum requirement for secretaries and any secretaries do not need a professional qualification to work.
- You must have at least 1 shareholder, who can be a corporate shareholder, and the shareholder and director may be the same person. You must keep records of all shareholders in your registered office in Belize.
- Shares do not need to have par value before they are issued to your shareholders and the capital can be in any desired currency.
- You do not need to have local or resident shareholders and they may be an individual or a corporate body.
- You are not permitted to engage in business with Belize residents except where necessary for renting of property, maintaining records, or employing local residents.
- You must choose a name for your company that ends with: limited, incorporated, corporation or society anonyme.
It is quick, easy and relatively cheap to set you your Belize offshore company, taking as little as days rather than weeks to complete.
Belize offers tax free opportunities, privacy and ease of use and set-up for many offshore company owners worldwide and although it has no tax treaties with any nation and has shown no interest in doing so, however, due to the lack of tax for IBC’s there is little need for such incentives to attract new people to the country.