|KEY CORPORATE FEATURES|
|Approximate time to incorporate||7 days|
|Minimum number of Directors||1|
|Local Director required||No|
|Local Secretary required||Yes|
|Disclosure of Beneficial Owner requirement||No|
|Accounts Filing Requirement||Yes|
Gibraltar Offshore Company Formation
Gibraltar has been a popular location for offshore companies (Non Resident Companies) for many years.
Gibraltar companies are often used for Property Holding, Website Holding, Trading and Re-invoicing activities, Copyright, Patent & Trademark Holding, Consultancy & Employment Services and also to act as Investment Holding companies.
For a quotation to incorporate in Gibraltar or for more information about offshore company formation in Gibraltar, click here
Non-resident companies have no fiscal responsibilities within Gibraltar. A non-resident company is owned by non-residents and controlled by directors who reside and hold board meetings outside Gibraltar. Therefore a company that does not trade in Gibraltar and does not remit income to Gibraltar is not liable to Gibraltar taxation, including income tax and estate duty. A non-resident company pays an annual tax of G£200.
The official Gibraltar Language is English. Many of the people of Gibraltar are bi- lingual and so they can speak both English and Spanish with the same fluency. Therefore this should make business transactions easier for your Gibraltar offshore company.
Shipping and tourism are the most important sectors of the economy of Gibraltar. However, the financial services sector and the technology sector have also been growing rapidly, and a number of large betting and gaming companies are now taking advantage of the low-tax regime and good telecommunications facilities.
The currency is the Gibraltar pound (£G) = 100 pence and is at par with the British pound. There are no exchange controls in Gibraltar.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
A non-resident company is free to engage in many types of business activities, paying no taxes in Gibraltar provided it remains in compliance with the 'non-resident' rules of Gibraltar.
General Rules and Regulations for non-resident companies in Gibraltar are outlined below:
- The company name can be in any language, as long as the relevant translation is approved first
- The company must maintain its Company Register, Registered Office and Resident Secretary in Gibraltar;
- The Beneficial Owners of the Company must be non-residents of Gibraltar .
- Only one director is required
- The company's directors and shareholders must not be residents of Gibraltar.
- The company may not trade or carry on business in Gibraltar with residents of Gibraltar. It may however trade with other non-residents of Gibraltar.
- The company must not remit income to Gibraltar (i.e should not hold bank accounts in a Gibraltar bank, but could operate its bank accounts in another country usually in a different offshore jurisdiction, or in a country which is closer to the place of the actual business of the company or the location of the Beneficial owners.
A Gibraltar non-resident company is also required to state its license number on all letters and advertising and the company is subject to inspection from the Financial Service Commission, in order to ensure that the company is complying with the Financial Service Ordinances.